Hypertension and too much pressure on the rectal veins can cause hemorrhoids. This is why hemorrhoids are often associated with pregnancy. This condition can be also the result of excessive consumption of alcohol or caffeine. How to prevent hemorrhoids is a great question.
The good news, however, is that this condition is most of the time very responsive to natural treatments such as the following:
1 – Hemorrhoid healing nutrition
You have to consume the right and proper nutrition consisting of these kinds of foods to relieve your symptoms naturally:
- Foods rich in fiber to increase intestinal motility and relieve constipation
- Foods rich in vitamin E, C, and K; these minerals encourage blood circulation in and out of the congested pile veins.
- Foods rich in bioflavonoids to strengthen capillaries and veins. Examples of such foods include fresh citrus fruits and vegetables.
- Alfalfa sprouts and kale to help relieve bleeding hemorrhoids.
It is also necessary to drink lots of water and sometimes eat meals comprising only whole grains or comprising only fruits and vegetables.
You should also limit the consumption of the following foods:
- Saturated fats from red meat and fats containing acids to reduce the risk of formation of blood clots inside their blood vessels.
- Too much salt because excess salt retains fluids in the circulatory system.
- Sugar, cheese, peanuts, tobacco, alcohol, salt, fried food, junk food, and ice cream.
- Foods that have the tendency to constipate easily like red wine, chocolate, cocoa, and black tea.
2 – Supplements
- Vitamin C and bioflavonoids supplements can be consumed to strengthen the blood vessels in the body.
- Vitamin E supplements to aid proper blood circulation.
- Pycnogenol supplements which have the ability to mop up free radicals in the body that are responsible for the development of diseases like hemorrhoids, hypertension, diabetes, etc. They also have the ability to dilate blood vessels to relieve congestion of blood.
- Vitamin A supplements which help to strengthen and heal the mucous membranes.
- Vitamin B6 can help if hemorrhoids are accompanied by a deficiency of this vitamin.
- Vitamin K supplements which aid blood clotting thus helping to prevent and treat bleeding piles.
- Probiotics which are good bacteria in the body that function to regulate the excess activity and presence of bacteria in the gut can be given as supplements to relieve and prevent hemorrhoids. Fermented foods like yogurt and cheese are rich in probiotics. check more from http://www.news-medical.net/health/Epidemiology-of-Hemorrhoids.aspx
3 – Hemorrhoid herbal remedies
Herbal remedies for hemorrhoids can be either in the form of oral herbal teas or herbal topical concoctions that should be applied directly unto the pile tissues.
These are good examples of good herbal teas for hemorrhoids:
- Mullein, yellow dock, and plantain tea can be sipped to relieve itching piles. You should add one cup of water to one teaspoon of these herbs to make a cup of these herbs; you should drink as many cups of these herbal teas in a day.
- Nettle herb tea to facilitate bowel evacuation and reduce constipation.
- Dandelion herbal tea can be consumed to strengthen connective tissue.
The following are good examples of good herbal topical applications for hemorrhoids:
- Yarrow extract and white oak bark herbal concoction can be applied directly to the pile tissue to reduce inflammation.
- You can also add oak bark herbs to your sitz bath water to reduce inflammation and pain.
- Witch hazel herbal compress can be applied directly to the hemorrhoid blood vessels to reduce the inflammation.
- Chamomile herbs can be applied directly unto the pile veins via two main ways:
1 – You can apply chamomile ointment directly unto your inflamed butt as often as required to relief your symptoms. Getting the best foods for hemorrhoids is somehow very important.
2 – You can apply refrigerator chilled chamomile tea to the inflamed area. Simply pour slightly boiled water into a cup that contains some chamomile tea bags and allow the contents of these bags to seep into the warm water for three to five minutes. Allow this mixture to cool down properly inside a refrigerator.
- You can also apply peppermint oil in form of either homemade or commercial tinctures directly unto your inflamed area. To make peppermint oil tincture at home, you should add nine parts of alcohol to one part of peppermint oil. This tincture can be applied unto the pile tissues with cotton wool at least twice daily to relieve the itching and the swelling of the hemorrhoid tissues.
- Comfrey powder can be made into a paste by mixing the powder with olive oil; this paste can then be applied directly unto your inflamed area overnight to be washed off the following morning during bathing.
You must, however, realize that no matter how good the natural cure for hemorrhoids that you are using is, you will not get totally healed of your pile symptoms if you do not make the necessary lifestyle changes to your usual routine.